Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We Did It!


If you've never watched Dora the Explorer - and if you haven't, what the eff is wrong with you? - I should explain that after each of her adventures, she and Boots sing this song to celebrate their success.

I love this ritual and all that it entails (in this video, I love how even the devious Swiper sings about how he stole something and sort of screwed them over). I sing it all the time, especially after accomplishing mundane things like making oatmeal or eating all my oatmeal or getting a CAT Scan to figure out what's wrong with my brains or rhyming a particularly good rhyme (my latest creation: "chicken" with "dick in," as in "I will only eat the chicken that I didn't stick my dick in." How this phrase hasn't been invented yet is beyond me, as it's true almost 100% of the time.)

What the hell was I talking about? Oh, yes, we did it, we did it, we did it, yay! Lo hicimos! At last night's Community Board meeting, they voted with a unanimous YES (with stipulations) to grant a beer/wine license to the Upright Citizens Brigade.

So all that karaoke paid off!

Now I wish I could sing this song about that Figment Theatre competition. The plays are due in two days... and I have written zero words. I fully expect to have 1,000 times that by the deadline (for you math fools, that's still zero, because 0 x 1,000 = 0) because all my concentration goes into finishing this book.

There should be a failure song for Dora and Boots. "We failed, we failed, we failed, we lose. Estamos malos, we suck." And instead of asking the audience, "What was your favorite part of the adventure?" Dora could go, "Where do you think we went wrong?" And after a moment's pause, add gravely, "Yeah, I think so, too."

What the hell am I talking about? I don't even know anymore.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. as someone who watches dora regularly (when i babysit), this made me laugh. i also enjoy reading my babysittee her dora books in an overexaggerated spanish accent.

    ReplyDelete