Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Blog

And here we are in 2009! I sure hope it's mighty fine. Did you know about Divine? She was supposedly the inspiration for Ursula in Disney's The Little Mermaid.


But anyway, to the new readers, welcome!

The story so far is this: Last year I decided to start saying yes to things, mostly to avoid future regrets of the things I failed to do. And I blogged about these escapades. That was my Year of Yes. Now in 2009, I continue the mission.

And today I said yes to one of those things that I normally wouldn't because I'm lazy and I hate learning... I figured out how to import my old blog (yes2008.blogspot.com) into this one, so that all the glories of 2008 could be relived again and again under this new URL.

It wasn't that hard, but the idea of figuring it out, finding the help page and then actually DOING it was kind of daunting, especially on this hangover-y day when I just want to lazily play Smash Bros. and then take a nap.

But I did it! Even when the help pages weren't that helpful ("Upload your file," they said, but what file? How do I turn my blog into a file? What do you mean I have to find and then click on another help page to get that information? And they call this the future?), I struggled through the reading and then actually did the damn thing and here we are.

This wasn't a big deal, but don't expect fireworks on the first day. I mean, come on.

1 comment: