Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let's LOST!

(Again, be warned: this entry is gonna talk about the fifth season of LOST. And while I'm not gonna give any overt spoilers, if you want to go into the season premiere 100% blind, you might as well skip it. Hey, but to make this entry worth your while, here's a pic of a bunny that the nice waitress drew on my receipt at that ramen place in the East Village:)



Holy crap, this season's got me psyched!

The event at the Paley Center was pretty cool! We got to see "Walkabout" and the entire season three finale on the big screen, which is a really cool way to watch the show. And while I wasn't in love with the shitty panel or the trivia contest (I never had a chance at winning one of those t-shirts), the main event was the first 30 minutes of the season premiere.

WHOA.

OK, it starts GREAT, in a way I would never have expected (though they follow the pattern with Desmond's and Juliet's introduction from previous season premieres), and you're like "Whoa!" I won't say who it focuses on, but I think it's OK to say the song played on the record - it's Willie Nelson's "Shotgun Willie." Don't read into it too much.

And then, right at the end of the cold opening, you get another pretty good knock, which I think sets up the direction of this season.

Also, a bunch of questions get answered right away, and it's very satisfying yet opens a lot of pastabilities.

Someone told me that early reviews said the first half of the premiere were kind of "meh" but the second half was "WHOA," so I feel pretty good about this Wednesday.

Get psyched!

Destiny calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment