Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wow...

Dizney Zombies got over 3,000 hits yesterday, mostly due to a shout-out on io9.com (thanks again, Chris!). So that was weird. Things got a lot bigger a lot faster than I expected.

I stopped reading the comments pretty quickly, as they just make me antsy. Most people don't understand yet what I'm trying to go for, not "Whoa, undead Donald Duck is teh best!" but a "Damn, that would be really, really horrible and sad" sort of mood. It makes me glad I took Sarah's advice to not allow comments on my story (though if anyone has any feedback, I'm glad to take it in person or via email).

And I tried to stop thinking about any lingering cease-and-desist letters, too, but that's gonna always be in the back of my head until I finally get one, the story ends, or someone buys it and I retire to Kokomo.

It's weird, I quickly turned, at least in the eyes of the sort of people who leave comments on the Internet (and those are the most important people of all), from a real person to a nameless "they." Like I'm The Man or some corporate shill or something.

Very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment