Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hey (Who's That Playing?)

My fingers are burning, which means I pulled out the ol' Seagull and started playing guitar.

I was mostly inspired by the disastrous American Idol results show. Any time someone I really like gets voted off one of my stories, I get very upset. Who will I root for when the Hobbit-eyed girl gets booted from America's Next Top Model? What's the point of The Amazing Race when the deaf kid and the redheads are gone? Reality TV is nothing without honeys and people overcoming adversity, since it's so rarely about talent (exception: The Mole).

So despite wanting to throw my waffle sandwich at the judges' table, I held back and ate through my tears, then decided to pour my pain into some music. Also, the song sung by Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis ("I Told You So") was pretty, and it made me want to be just like them.

I was also pretty psyched to see "Tiny Doctors" added to the TMBG four-chord page. After playing for about fifteen minutes, I was able to do the few chords I knew without looking at my hands. They sound jangly, but the little muscle memory I created last year is still with me.

I wish there was more to report, but Year of Yes moments in March come few and far between. WrestleSlamMania on the 21st? Gotham Girls Roller Derby season opener on the 28th? Grandma and the F*ck Yous: Last Show ever on the 30th?

Sure, all that's happening, but I spend most of my lonely days playing with gerbils, revising DZ chapters, watching Disney films (still got The Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc. sitting here) and eating waffle sandwiches. Which isn't bad, but it isn't exactly blog-worthy, you know?

1 comment:

  1. What I hear you saying is that the strange-looking girl who can't model very well is overcoming adversity. Maybe they're getting around to that part of the backstory.

    ReplyDelete