Thursday, March 12, 2009

Let's Barkada!

Traditionally, March has been a weak-ass month for Years of Yes (last year it was the month with the least blog posts), and it looks like I'm following the pattern in 2009.

It's not entirely my fault, I just haven't been doing much so far, besides eating those waffle breakfast sandwiches at Dunkin Donuts. They're only $3.24 (probably a dollar extra if you drink coffee, which I don't), and I've kept pretty busy purchasing, eating, and reminiscing about these sandwiches. They're not that good. The waffles are too damp. They should be crispier.

But today, however, I'm doing a reunion show of sorts for an all-Asian (or half-Asian) improv group called Barkada (that's Filipino for "group of friends" or "clique," depending on the context). We're doing a set, after a break of maybe two years, at a benefit for the Asian American Writers' Workshop, because why not? It's fun to say Yes, and I've always enjoyed improvising with these fine and funny Asians.

Here's the details:

Comedy Night @ the Asian American Writers' Workshop
The Workshop 16 West 32nd Street, 10th Floor
(btwn Broadway & 5th Avenue)
7 p.m.; $5 suggested donation; open to the public
Featuring stand-up by: Sheela Shrinivas, Helen Hong,
Jen Kwok, Kevin Nadal and Ali Wong


Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to Dunkin Donuts.

1 comment: