Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let's Folk!

Last night I had a dream about LOST. I had moved in with Sawyer and Kate in their New Otherton house because I was sick of Jack and his ways. Pam visited me and thought I was crazy for leaving the safety of the beach, and then commented on how much grapefruit soda I was drinking. I explained to her that I was an adult, I could drink as much soda as I wanted. I believe in Jack's camp, we were limited to one soda per day.

Then John Locke appeared, and Pam warned me that he was gonna take me back to the beach by force. I didn't believe her; he's not like that. Plus, he had a big can of paint, and I think he was going to come help us paint some rooms. "John Locke is my friend," I told Pam defiantly, and when I woke up, those words still in my mouth.

Typical Wednesday anticipation. I dream about LOST pretty frequently nowadays; the last one involved me trying desperately to remember the original British version, which I remembered as being superior, but I couldn't remember any of the differences.

Anyway, eff all that, because I just got two free tickets to see Flight of the Conchords (before you ask, I can't tell you how I got them, but let's just say I'm very good friends with someone named Jermaine) this evening, so LOST will have to wait.

Don't think this blog post is just me flaunting my free tickets and my famous friends in your face (though, of course, I am). I actually had to force myself to say Yes to this one, since I am lazy and unfamiliar with their show and Wednesday nights are my double-date with Ben Linus and Allison the Big-Eyed Model Who Won't Win America's Next Top Model.

But Sarah is a really big fan of Flight of the Conchords, and I can only say no so many times before it sounds a bit insulting.

"Hey, Kirk, you wanna see us do a show on Tuesday?"

"Ooh, sorry, man, I wish I could, but I have a show that night." (This is true.)

"No worries, mate. We've got another one on Wednesday."

"Oh. Hmm, I dunno, I've got..." But then the slight shimmer of tears in his eye makes me reconsider. "Sure, thanks!"

So... let's folk! I'm pretty psyched.

(To be honest, parts of this entry are real, parts are a dream, and parts are fan fiction, but I can't differentiate between the three anymore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment