Thursday, February 26, 2009

Let's Banner! Also, Let's Enormous Television!

Lookie-lookie at the new look of the blog, compliments of the incredibly talented illustrator/designer Steve Dressler. I'd been meaning to spice up the site, and Steve made those dreams a reality.

I also wanted a new icon (that ol' chicken-on-the-go was so 2007), something that stayed with the chicken motif (which is weird, they're not my favorite animal or food... but it feels right for this blog), and I think we're all happy with the kawaii results. Kawaii means cute.

But wait, there's more! Thanks to some help from Sarah's dad at 3 Islands Press, I finally got the Disney Zombies site up and running. The story will begin on Sunday, March 1, when I publish the prologue.

Right now I intend to add a chapter every Sunday and Wednesday... this is a pretty lofty goal, but hopefully I can stick to it. I'm mildly worried because I haven't even read the story since finishing it. I just put the chapters in the order I liked. But I think I can do it, since I'd just have to edit two chapters a week.

Also, Steve did a very different sort of banner for that website, and I present the smaller version to you now:


A far cry from the cute chickens and Engrish, but it accomplishes its goal nicely. I didn't want anything cartoony or bloody letters, since that's not what the story is about, and I like the kawai image of a burning castle. Kawai means disturbing or scary.

So check that out on Sunday.

Also, tonight is Terry Jinn's Enormous Television 7.5 Check that out, too!


Enormous Television 7.5
a rock and roll music revue

Your favorite NYC comedians sing rock songs accompanied by the ETV band.
They chose the songs, we rehearse it extensively and present it to you in a genuine rock music venue.

at Kenny's Castaways
157 Bleecker Street, NYC between Sullivan & Thompson Street.
Thursday, February 26th, 2009
8pm
$5 cover

http://www.kennyscastaways.net/


Starring:
Jessica Allen
Tony Carnevale
Tara Copeland
Kirk Damato
James Eason
Kate Hess
Will Hines
Maddy Mako
Robin Rothman
Alexis Saarela
Andrew Secunda
Ptolemy Slocum
Shelly Slocum
Ashley Ward

The ETV Band:
Dan Goodman - Bass
Ernie Privetera - Keyboards
Mark Lee - Guitar
Lou Iacobelli - Drums
&
Terry Jinn - Guitar

1 comment:

  1. my socks were completely rocked off last night. also: what a wise looking chicken that is in your logo!

    excellent.

    ReplyDelete