Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Let's Donut Ice Cream Sandwich?

So I read this bloggy-blog about Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches and I figured it'd be a larf to link it on my Facebook profile with the comment "I want to go to there."

And then I thought, "Wait, I really DO want to go to there!"

Because they have these...


And I love red velvet more than any other dessert. If I skated in roller derby, my name would be Red Velvet (also, I'd dye my hair red), that's how much I love it. In fact, it's my third favorite dessert, beaten only by Cookie Puss and Cakey, because I love all friendly talking cakes from outer space.

Anyway, I really want to get the red velvet version of this...


...because surely such a delicious dessert will fill the hole in my soul, right? This is what's missing from my life! It has to be.

The problem is the bakery is located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, which is a pain in the ass to reach most days. But still, I blog about it here because that means I'll be obligated to make the journey, lest the Cow Who Laughs laughs at me.

And so now I vow A BLOOD OATH (and as friends know, I take Blood Oaths VERY seriously), that before the end of September (August being too effing hot to go outdoors... even for ice cream), I will trek to Greenpoint and attempt to eat one of these donut ice cream sandwiches.

This I swear.

1 comment: