Friday, June 26, 2009

Let's Half-Blood Prince!

So while talking to Jen365 about plans for the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince premiere, I said to her, "Agreed, I don't need to see this at midnight."

But then I immediately thought, "...Or do I?"

PROS
- Haven't been to a midnight release in, well... maybe ever.
- I'm highly suggestible, so if an idea pops into my head, I usually want to act on it.
- People might be dressed in costume.
- The audience will be full of people who appreciate the film properly. Not a lot of talking or asshattery.
- I don't have to wake up early the next morning, so the late night thing is no big deal.

CONS
- I don't really like the Harry Potter movie franchise, so what do I care?
- If I went and saw it by myself at midnight, I'd be honor-bound to go the next day with Jen and company, and I highly doubt I'll want to see this movie again.
- Crowds make me nervous.
- As I said to another group of HP movie-goers, "I don't have to see this movie, Dottie. I lived it."

No comments:

Post a Comment