Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thanks For the Tip, Katey...

but soda for mixed drinks ended up not being necessary. Most of the people who came aren't big drinkers (or drinkers at all), and were pretty happy with what we had.

The party went all right. The turnout was a lot lower than I'd have liked (and, since we only invited a select few people, it'd be more accurate to call last night a gathering instead of a party), but we had fun.

A few things I learned, in case we do this again for Xmas...

- Don't spend all day prepping, because then you'll be super-tired when it's time to have fun.

- 45 minutes after the party seems to be the time when first people arrive, an hour is when most of them will get there.

- Gerbils are a big hit.

- Don't buy the fancy-looking 9 oz. disposable cups - they're too small!

- Don't buy bite-size tortilla chips, they're also too small and can't scoop up both layers of the bean dip.

I asked Sarah if she had anything to add to this list, and she said, "I didn't learn anything from this party."

There was a long, uncomfortable pause, and then she said, "I learned that Time Bandits is that crazy movie I remember from when I was a kid."



She's right, this movie is CRAZY. The big, glowing head (which I think is God) always used to scare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment