Monday, November 3, 2008

Nanowrimo

It's November, time for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month for the n00bs). It's not exactly my thing, but Sarah and her dad are doing it, and since this new Cakey script is just about done, I figured why the heck not, it's the Year of Yes.

November 1st: Started out fine. Tried this pulpy/mystery thing set in a fictionalized Saint Augustine.

November 2nd: I changed my idea and decided I wanted to do a novelization of Disney Zombies, since I need to write that down anyway. So I started over. The prologue features the Three Little Pigs.

If we're to reach 50,000 words by the end of the month, I think we have to write 1,667 words or so a day. That's harder than I thought. I can write at a pretty good clip, I'm no Ed Wood (who allegedly could work on multiple shitty screenplays at the same time), but if I don't edit myself and just keep plowing ahead, I can knock out 1,000 words with little difficulty. Those final 667, though, aren't so easy.

And I choose not to think about what's gonna happen during Thanksgiving, when we spend a week in Disney World. In my mind, sure, we'll write while we're down there, sure, we will), because otherwise that number ups to about 3,000 words a day.

In other news, all of my dreams in the past week have involved zombies, Disney World, or the election.

1 comment:

  1. Not exactly my thing either. Year of Yes!

    ReplyDelete