Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shinigami

I'm going to a special screening of this tomorrow:


I'm pretty psyched... though a bit skeptical. It's a sequel to the first Death Note movie, which I haven't seen, but I've read a lot of the manga and have really, really enjoyed it.

It's about a guy who finds a book that, if you write someone's name in it, that person will die. And the guy decides to change the world by killing criminals.

Why am I skeptical? Two words: English dub. I hate 'em with a passion, and would rather just read subtitles. I tried to watch an episode of the anime (I think they screen it on Cartoon Network), but had to turn it off in five minutes because the voice actors were so, so bad.

This'll be the first movie I've seen in a theater since The Dark Knight.

2 comments:

  1. Is that Misa next to L? I know about her, though I haven't read that far in the manga.

    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's most likely Misa...

    I'm guessing the characters in the poster are as follows (from left to right): Light's Father, Sister, Mother, Light, L, Not Sure (Light's Father? I thought I read somewhere that Chairman Kaga from Iron Chef plays that role), Misa, and Watari. And in the background is the Ryuk the Shinigami.

    ReplyDelete