Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hey, How Was Equus?

In a word: mind-blowing.

In two words: pretty mind-blowing.

I'll forego writing anything stupid about seeing Harry Potter naked (although you do indeed get that), because once I got engaged in the play (and it IS quite engaging), that doesn't seem as important.

It's been about ten years since I've read Equus, and I'd never seen it on stage before. It's powerful, powerful stuff. About passion and madness and worship and how they can all mix together.

And I kind of feel this play is about the best argument for beastiality that one can make... which is something I never thought I'd write.

Anyway, Pam's birthday is next month (on the same day as my brother's - a coincidence that means nothing), so she gets to pick, and since she likes Entourage, we're gonna see Speed-the-Plow starring Jeremy Piven.

I can't think of any decent pun involving that title.

No comments:

Post a Comment