Monday, January 21, 2008

Laziness vs. Exercise

I'm supposed to exercise with my friends Heather and Erica in an hour. I really don't want to go (it's 18 degrees outside!), but because this is the Year of Yes, I'm gonna do it. I've got to do it, lest laziness claim another victory.

Ugh, exercise. I was talking with my friend Bill about this last night - my main gripe is that it's usually boring. That gym I went to for eight weeks back in 2007, it would kill me to use the elliptical machine for just 30 minutes, I'd get so bored. Even with my iPod and (hopefully) Law & Order playing in the background, it was such a chore.

This makes it sound like I have ADD or have a short attention span, but I don't, not really.

This also makes it sound like I'm a fan of Law & Order. I'm not, not really. Not in theory, at least. But whenever I watch it, I enjoy the show and then wonder why I always act like I don't like it.

I can come up with a million little excuses why I don't want to do this and should be excused, but none of them are valid. Even writing this blog is just a way of delaying getting out of bed and heading over. So please excuse the abrupt ending to this blog entry, but I need to say Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment