Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting to Gnome Me II


The pants don't work. In fact, I'm gonna return them. They're just too baggy - you can fit both Sarah and myself in them - they're like hobo clown pants.

I should've known better, they're designed with a drawstring waist (28"-50"), and I'm on the much lower end of that spectrum. And I keep forgetting that a lot of Renaissance wear is made for folks bigger than myself.

I'm probably just gonna wear brown corduroys, instead. That way I also have the luxury of pockets.

So pants = fail.


Last night I tried on the shirt with the hat, and I feel better about the coloring. When paired together, they definitely look gnome-y.

Heather suggested I dye it a deeper color, and since it's 100% cotton, it shouldn't be too hard. Trouble is, I have zero skillz when it comes to this kind of thing, and since I'll be spending the next several days in Maine, time isn't on my side.

So we'll see about that.

If I had more time, I kind of wish I could do sort of a Tinker Gnome costume (actually, I could incorporate the Ghostbuster goggles, but I'd need a whole new outfit, really), or better yet, a Gnome of Zurich. Maybe next year.

2009 = the Year of Gnomes!

3 comments:

  1. Do the dying in Maine! You'll have access to a car and I bet there are way more craft stores in Maine than there are in the New York City area. You can do it!

    Also, those pants are still completely slaying me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I assumed this post would be titled "Getting to Gnome All About Me"

    ReplyDelete