Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Can Has Vacation?

(A lot of my recent blog titles have been written in LOLcat, I don't know why.)

I wanna go on a vacation! I feel like I haven't been on a real one in forever.

Sure, every Thanksgiving and/or Christmas I go home to Florida for a few days, and last year I spent some time in Los Angeles visiting Disneyland and The Price is Right, but this year I have the days off and the money to do something good.

But what? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I wanna go somewhere for around five days. These are some ideas I've had so far, but I'd greatly welcome any feedback and/or suggestions.

- London/Paris. Never been to London, but some people who know me very well say it's the city where I should be. I'd like to find out if they're right. And David Tennant and Patrick Stewart are playing in Hamlet right now. That alone is reason to go, really.

Paris I'm very "meh" about, but my roommate loves it and can't recommend it enough, and since I'm already so close, I ought to take a day or two to see the City of Lights. Plus, it's near Disneyland Paris, which houses Phantom Manor.

- Hawaii or the Caribbean. I've been told Hawaii is wicked expensive, but I've watched just about every Hawaii program on the Travel Channel, and the ads on LOST really make me want to go. The Caribbean is a cheaper, closer alternative.

- Walt Disney World. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I've been here over 100 times. It comes with the territory when you live nearby and have a Florida residents' pass. I haven't been there since 2001, so a lot has changed, and I doubt I'm considered a VIP anymore. But my friend Pam has always wanted to go, and she thinks I'd make a good guide. And I think it'd be interesting to see the park through someone else's eyes.

This is probably the easiest trip I could take, but would also be the cheapest.

- Japan In another world, another reality, back in 2002 I decided to move to Japan and teach English instead of moving to New York City. I still would very much like to go there, probably focusing on a small area (I feel it's better to get a much deeper look at a small area than a quick run-through of several cities or countries). This might be the most expensive option, though. Also, Tokyo Disneyland.

That's about all I've got so far. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment