Monday, May 5, 2008

If This Isn't Nice, What Is? #1

I don't know if this officially belongs in Year of Yes, but I think it's good to enact Kurt Vonnegut's advice about sitting back and saying, "If this isn't nice, what is?" when one realizes and appreciates that things are pretty good. So I'm gonna try to do that.

Today, on the train from Astoria to New York City, still above ground. Despite Yahoo Weather's claims, it's sunny and warm. Very nice view, very beautiful blue sky. It's real spring weather.

I'm pretty psyched about having a full day of rehearsal ahead of me. Even though it'll be tiring, I feel good.

The train's mostly empty, so I can has a seat, which is good, because I have my accordion with me and that thing weighs a million pounds.

A song comes up on the ol' iPod ("Samantha" by The Unlovables), one I'd taken out of rotation because I listened to it WAY too much last Xmas while preparing a mix CD of my all-time favorite songs, but it's the first time I'd heard it in a while and I find myself mouthing along and bopping my head. It's good to know and remember and realize that yeah, I still really enjoy this song.

And I think, "If this isn't nice, what is?"

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment